Teriyaki Ground Turkey Rice Bowls
This Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl recipe will quickly become your go-to weeknight dinner. Not only does it satisfy your taste buds with its savory teriyaki sauce , sweet, and subtly spiced flavors, it also aligns perfectly with a balanced eating approach that doesn’t compromise on taste.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups cooked rice for serving
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- green onions diced, for garnish
In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and add ground turkey to the pan. Cook until meat starts to brown and is crumbled.
Add in the diced onion, garlic, carrots, and peppers and cook until turkey is well browned and the vegetables are soft, about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the sea salt, ginger, teriyaki sauce, and coconut aminos and mix well.
Add cooked rice to each bowl while still warm. Top each bowl with the teriyaki turkey mixture over the rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- To save time use pre-shredded carrots, frozen chopped onions, and use a vegetable chopper for your peppers.
- If you like your bell peppers with a bit of crunch, add them towards the end of the turkey cooking time.
- If you’re cooking the rice traditionally, remember to start this process first as it tends to take the longest. However, instant rice or pre-cooked microwaveable rice are great time-savers.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g