Banana bread is a favorite in our home. I mean its the perfect way to…
These flourless sweet potato brownies are made with only a few simple ingredients. You will not believe how delicious these sweet potato brownies are.
I have to admit – brownies are a total weakness for me. I have a hard time saying no them. These flourless sweet potato brownies will satisfy all your brownie cravings.
It’s hard to believe that a brownie that is flourless and made with sweet potato can be just as good as the real thing but it is true!
These sweet potato brownies taste remarkably like a brownie you would make from the box. Not as sweet but still delicious!
These flourless sweet potato brownies are so easy to make. You only need a handful of simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen. They are SUPER rich and fudgey.
Are sweet potato brownies healthy?
These sweet potato brownies are made with only whole foods ingredients. They are gluten free, sugar free, and can be made paleo and dairy free depending on the chocolate chips you use.
The sweet potatoes make these brownies more nutritious. Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious and are packed with antioxidants and vitamins.
Sweet Potato Brownie Ingredients
To make flourless sweet potato brownies you will need the following ingredients:
Mashed Sweet Potato – I bake mine in the oven at 350 for about an hour – make sure to poke them with a fork a few times so they don’t explode. You can also microwave them.
Almond Butter – You can choose chunky or smooth. Delicious either way. Feel free to sub for peanut butter if you wish.
Cacao Powder – Can sub for regular cocoa powder however cacao powder has more health benefits and add to the richness of these brownies.
Pure Maple Syrup – Make sure its 100% pure.
Dark Chocolate Chips – Enjoy Life brand for dairy free or paleo
How to Make Sweet Potato Brownies
STEP ONE: Cook a sweet potato in the oven at 350 for about an hour. Make sure to poke with a fork a few times so it doesn’t explode.
STEP TWO: Allow sweet potato cool and then remove skin and mash with a fork in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
STEP FOUR: Add batter to an 8×8 baking pan that is either lined with parchment paper or greased well.
STEP FIVE: Optional – Top with additional chocolate chips or sea salt if desired.
STEP SIX: Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Be sure not to overcook them. You will know when they are done when you shake the pan and they don’t jiggle.
- 1 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Cook a sweet potato in the oven at 350 for about an hour. Make sure to poke with a fork a few times so it doesn't explode.
- 2. Allow sweet potato cool and then remove skin and mash with a fork in a large bowl.
- 3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- 4. Add batter to an 8x8 baking pan that is either lined with parchment paper or greased well.
- 5. Top with additional chocolate chips or sea salt if desired.
- 6. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Be sure not to overcook them. You will know when they are done when you shake the pan and they don't jiggle.