These Weight Watchers Banana Pancakes are so fluffy on the inside but crispy on the outside and they require only 5 ingredients (from which 3 are optional). Have them warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and some fresh fruit for a quick and delicious breakfast.
Not only are these paleo-friendly Weight Watchers Banana Pancakes super easy to make – they are also gluten, dairy and sugar-free!
These Weight Watchers friendly banana and egg pancakes are either low or zero points, depending on which weight watchers freestyle plan you follow.
- Blue Plan Points – 0
- Green Plan Points -2
- Purple Plan Points – 0
These pancakes make the perfect lazy weekend breakfast. They are so easy to make, you can even ask the kids to help you prepare them, and they will have a blast!
You can also make them using only banana and eggs – however the cinnamon and vanilla extract makes them much more flavorful. Add the baking powder for some extra fluffy pancakes.
Weight Watchers Banana Pancakes Ingredients:
You will need:
- Bananas (ripe)
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
Feel free to add as many toppings as you’d like to the pancakes. They don’t have a very strong aroma so you can play around with the toppings freely. Some nice pancake toppings ideas will be:
Nuts – slivered almonds, walnuts, pecan nuts.
Fresh fruits – like sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
Syrup – think honey, maple syrup, agave, or even sugar-free syrup to keep the sugar and carbs low.
Chocolate chips – add them to the pancakes after you’ve poured the batter into the skillet.
Add protein – you can add a little bit of protein powder to the batter or you can serve them with some greek yogurt or ricotta cheese for some added protein.
How to make the best Weight Watchers Banana Pancakes
- First thing you need to preheat your griddle to medium heat. You can add some cooking spray or just use a non-stick pan.
- In a medium-size bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork. Add the eggs, the cinnamon, the baking powder, and the vanilla extract and mix until everything is well combined.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup or an ice cream scoop with a trigger release, pour out enough batter in the pan. You should have enough for 6 pancakes.
- Cook your pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side, checking frequently as they can burn easily. Top them with whatever toppings you like and enjoy warm.
MACROS PER SERVING
Protein: 7 Carbs: 30 Fat: 5
Are banana pancakes macro friendly?
To make these banana pancakes more macro friendly you can add a little bit of protein powder to the batter or you can serve them with some greek yogurt or ricotta cheese for some added protein for a great macro balanced breakfast!
- Make these healthy banana pancakes small and they will be easier to flip without breaking them apart.
- Cook your pancakes slowly over medium-high heat to avoid burning them or the pancakes falling apart.
- This banana pancake recipe has baking powder as an optional addition but we truly recommend adding it as the baking powder will make your pancakes fluffier and lighter.
What bananas to use for banana pancakes?
Preferably you will want to use ripe bananas or even overripe ones. They are so much better for your banana pancakes as they are softer and sweeter. They will bind better with the eggs to make the perfect pancakes.
Why are my banana pancakes falling apart?
If your bananas are really big, use one banana instead of 2 or add one more egg. You also have to use medium-high heat because if you cook the pancakes too fast on high heat they will stick to the pan and fall apart.
Which toppings should I use for my egg and banana pancakes?
I recommend either topping with some fresh fruit, peanut butter, maple syrup, or whipped cream.
Can I freeze healthy banana pancakes?
Absolutely! If you have a lot of overripe bananas to use….consider making a large batch of these and freezing them. Pancakes are freezer friendly and freeze beautifully. Wrap the pancakes in parchment paper and store in a ziplock bag or freezer friendly container.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes That You Will Love:
Weight Watchers Banana Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Using ⅓ measuring cup, pour out enough batter for 6 pancakes.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side checking frequently as they can burn easily. Enjoy!