This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Garlic Butter Carrots are ridiculously easy to make, tender, and incredibly delicious. They are cooked to perfection and smothered in garlic butter. Add them to your favorite (holiday) side dishes.
Thanksgiving is approaching fast and if you are still thinking about what side dishes to add to your festive dinner table, these fragrant garlic butter carrots are not to be missed. Only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes you will have ready an easy, yet delicious side dish.
This is a perfect way to make your kids eat their veggies as well. Who doesn’t love their veggies smothered in butter?!
Garlic Butter Carrots Ingredients
You will need:
- Parmesan cheese
How to make Garlic Butter Carrots:
You can steam the carrots for about 3 to 4 minutes before proceeding with the recipe if you want softer carrots.
- First, place the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is hot, add the carrots and cook them until you reach the desired level of tenderness.
- Add the minced garlic and rosemary and stir frequently, for about 1 to 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can even garnish them with freshly chopped parsley or dill for a splash of color and extra texture.
Do carrots have to be peeled before cooking?
This is really personal preference. I prefer the carrots peeled in this recipe. Some people don’t like the taste of carrot skin and prefer it peeled. It is worth noting that there are some nutrients in the carrot skin that are not in the carrot itself. You can also use baby carrots which have are already peeled.
How to make roasted garlic butter carrots:
You can even roast your garlic butter carrots if you don’t want to make them on the stove. Roasting the carrots at the end brings out the buttery and garlicky flavor amazingly well.
All you have to do is follow the recipe but instead of sautéing the carrots on the stove, transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast them in the oven at 425 degrees and cook for about 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and serve piping hot.
How to store the garlic butter carrots:
You can store the garlic butter carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
How do you reheat cooked carrots?
When you are ready to reheat the carrots, you can add them to a skillet with a little bit more butter and stir until they are warmed thoroughly. Or you can warm them up in the microwave.
Tips and tricks for the best garlic butter carrots:
- If you don’t want to peel and chop your carrots, you can use baby carrots which are a bit sweeter as well.
- Try to use fresh minced garlic if you can but if not, pre-minced garlic from the jar will work best.
- Leave them to cook until you achieve a nice crispy outside, while the inside it’s still nice and tender.
- Go one step further and brown the butter for a deeper, toasty and richer buttery flavor.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Garlic Butter Carrots
- 2 lb carrots peeled, cut into coins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary or more to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Place the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is hot, add the carrots and cook until you reach your desired level of tenderness.
- Add the minced garlic and rosemary and stir frequently for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Please note that the nutritional information provided for each recipe is an estimate sourced from the My Fitness Pal database. It’s important to be aware that the nutritional content may vary depending on the specific products used, the accuracy of measurements, and the reliability of the nutrition data source. While we strive to provide accurate information, we cannot guarantee the exact accuracy of the nutritional information provided.