This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup is perfect for chilly nights. The flavors of chicken, lime, veggies, and Mexican spices work perfectly in this comforting soup recipe.
This Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup recipe requires minimal effort as it is made in the instant pot. Quick and easy dinner ready in no time! Just cook and shred your chicken (you can even use ready-made rotisserie chicken and shred it), chop your veggies, add everything in the instant pot and let it do its magic.
Instant Pot Chilli Lime Chicken Soup Ingredients:
You will need:
- Chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- Chicken broth
- Fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Diced tomatoes
- Baby carrots
- Small potatoes
- White beans
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Chili lime rub (ingredients below)
- Parmesan cheese
For the Chili Lime Rub you will need just 4 pantry staple spices and some lime zest.
- Chili powder
- Lime zest
- Garlic powder
Whole30/ Paleo – Skip the cheese, beans, corn and potatoes and you’ve got yourself a pretty decent paleo and Whole30 meal. You might want to add more meat to compensate for the missing ingredients.
Keto/ Low-carb – Skip the corn, beans and potatoes for a keto friendly and delicious dinner option.
- Meat – you can use boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead of the chicken breast
- Chicken – you can also use ready-made rotisserie chicken and shred it if you don’t feel like cooking your own.
How to make Instant Pot Chilli Lime Chicken Soup:
- First make your chili lime scrub by mixing the chili powder, lime zest, cumin, garlic powder, and coriander together.
- Then rub the chicken breasts with the chili-lime that you just made and season with salt & pepper.
- Next you heat some olive oil in the instant pot and add the chicken. Sauté on both sides until cooked through.
- Let the chicken cool down and then using two forks to pull the breasts apart. Return the shredded chicken to the instant pot.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice, and all the remaining ingredients to the instant pot. Seal the pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and then release the pressure.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and chopped cilantro. Squeeze some extra lime in it if desired. Enjoy warm with some toasted bread.
Can you make this on the stove top?
Yes, you can make this soup on the stove top if you don’t have an instant pot. Just simmer the chicken until its cooked through and then shred it and add it back to the soup.
If you are using rotisserie chicken, add it after the soup is done cooking.
I would highly suggest to let the soup simmer for 30 minutes or longer to let the flavours really develop.
Can you freeze this chicken soup?
This soup will freeze really well because there’s no cream or milk in it. Thaw it overnight in the fridge and then let it simmer on the stove top for a few minutes before serving.
How to store the Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup?
Let it cool completely and then store the soup in a glass airtight container for up to one week.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Instant Pot Chilli Lime Chicken Soup
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless boneless
- 64 oz chicken broth
- ¼ cup chives
- 15 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes 1 can
- 15 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 8 oz chilis 1 small can
- 1 cup baby carrots sliced
- 6 small potatoes diced
- 15 oz white beans 1 can
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 stalks celery finely diced
- 15 oz corn 1 can
- chili lime rub recipe below
- 2 limes juiced save zest for rub
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
Chili Lime Rub
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Rub chicken with chili lime rub, salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in the instant pot and add the chicken.
- Sauté on both sides until cooked through, let the chicken cool, and then shred it.
- Return chicken to the instant pot and add the stock, lime juice, and all the remaining ingredients. Seal Pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes; release pressure.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with a bit of parmesan cheese and finely chopped cilantro. Squeeze extra lime in if desired. Enjoy hot!
Please note that the nutritional information provided for each recipe is an estimate sourced from the My Fitness Pal database. It’s important to be aware that the nutritional content may vary depending on the specific products used, the accuracy of measurements, and the reliability of the nutrition data source. While we strive to provide accurate information, we cannot guarantee the exact accuracy of the nutritional information provided.