These Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are inspired by the PF Changs lettuce wraps – they are low carb, macro friendly, and DELICIOUS. Plus, they are so easy to whip together, in less than 20 minutes you will have a delicious and satisfying meal.
Lettuce wraps are incredible and so versatile. Because they are so low in carbs you can literally stuff your face guilt-free. And also the fact that they are so easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes that means that they are an almost everyday staple in our house. The kids love it too!
Did I mention how easy this recipe really is? I mean all you have to do is sauté the meat and the veggies, add some sauce to it and that’s it. Pretty simple if you ask me. Serve them on crunchy butter lettuce leaves and sprinkle some greens onions on top to make it look restaurant – style fancy.
These lettuce wraps are 222 calories per serving and the macros are 22 grams of protein, 15 grams of fat, and 2 grams of carbs.
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
You will need:
- Olive oil
- Ground chicken
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Grated fresh ginger
- Sriracha (optional)
- Green onions (to garnish)
- Butter lettuce leaves (to serve)
Whole30/Paleo: These healthy lettuce wraps are whole30 and paleo compliant. Use lean meats like ground turkey or ground chicken.
Low Carb/Keto: These chicken wraps are served in a lettuce cup instead of tortilla making them a delicious and low carb meal.
- Olive Oil – Feel free to use any type of oil; like avocado oil.
- Ground Chicken – You can use other types of meat as well like ground beef or even ground turkey.
- Ginger – You can use either fresh grated ginger or ground ginger from your spice rack.
- Butter Lettuce – Feel free to use romaine or iceberg.
How to make Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Start by heating your oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, for about 3-5 minutes. And once it’s cooked, drain the excess fat.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Serve with butter lettuce leaves and chopped green onions.
How to Store the Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
You can store the meat mixture in an air tight container for up to one week. When you are ready to serve, you can heat it up over the stove or in the microwave and then serve normally with the butter lettuce leaves.
You can even make this in advance and freeze it for up to a month, let it thaw in the fridge and then heat it up normally and serve.
Adapted from: Damn Delicious
More Low Carb Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp Sriracha optional
- green onions to garnish
- butter lettuce leaves to serve
- Heat avocado or olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes. Once cooked through, drain the excess fat.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until the onions are golden brown, for 4 more minutes.
- Serve with butter lettuce, a sprinkle of green onions, and sesame seeds (optional)
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 15gCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 22g