These Turkey Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls are bursting with flavor and make the perfect macro friendly and low carb lunch or dinner. Only 10 ingredients and less than 30 minutes of prep time for the delicious one pot meal!
I am all about one pot bowl recipes lately. They are quick, easy, AND delicious. These Turkey Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls come together in less than 30 minutes.
These bowls are keto-friendly, low carb, and macro friendly PLUS your family will enjoy (keto eaters or not).
The entire recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes and that includes that delicious teriyaki sauce that brings everything together.
How healthy are turkey teriyaki cauliflower rice bowls?
Teriyaki Chicken is normally not the healthiest option. It can be fried and made with a high sugar sauce. While it can be a great source of protein, it is often higher in fat and calories.
These teriyaki turkey rice bowls are made with much healthier ingredients such as a lower sugar sauce, ground turkey, and cauliflower rice.
MACROS PER SERVING
Protein: 28 Carbs: 25 Fat: 16
These turkey teriyaki bowls make a great macro friendly meal! You can even do half rice/half cauliflower rice to up your carbs a bit.
Turkey Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls Ingredients
You will need:
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey
- Garlic cloves
- Bell pepper
- Teriyaki coconut aminos
- Coconut aminos
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Sea salt
- Cauliflower rice (for serving)
- Ground turkey – you can substitute the ground turkey for ground chicken or even beef, either way, it will be delicious.
- Bell pepper – you can use other low carb vegetables like broccoli florets and even shredded cabbage.
Macro Friendly Teriyaki Sauce
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
Pick up a bottle of teriyaki coconut aminos for this recipe and use it to reduce the sugar/carbs in all of your favorite stir fry recipes.
How to make the Turkey Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and add the ground turkey to the pan. Cook until the meat starts to brown and is crumbling.
- Add to the pan the diced onion, minced garlic, and chopped bell peppers and cook until the turkey is well browned and the vegetables are soft, for about 5- 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, teriyaki aminos, and coconut aminos and mix well.
- Now it’s time to assemble your rice bowls; add the cooked cauliflower rice to each bowl while it’s still warm. Top each bowl with the teriyaki turkey mixture over the cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
How to make Cauliflower Rice:
One of the easiest ways to make cauliflower rice is to pulse the cauliflower florets in your food processor a few times until they resemble rice. You can make a big batch and keep it in the freezer in a zip lock bag and that way you will always have cauliflower rice handy for your turkey teriyaki rice bowl or any other low carb recipe that calls for cauliflower rice.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can also grate the cauliflower florets, however, this might take ages and it’s quite messy as well.
If none of these options appeals to you, the next (and best) option is to buy ready made cauliflower rice from your local supermarket. You can find it in the freezer section. At only 5 grams of carbs per cup and only 25 calories, cauliflower rice is your best ally in your low-carb kitchen.
How to Meal Prep Turkey Teriyaki Bowls
These turkey teriyaki bowls make a great meal prep recipe for lunch or dinner. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. These are great meal prep containers if you are in the market for some. (affiliate link)
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Turkey Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup teriyaki coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- green onions diced, for garnish
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups cooked cauliflower rice for serving
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and add ground turkey to the pan. Cook until meat starts to brown and is crumbled.
- Add in the diced onion, garlic, and peppers and cook until turkey is well browned and the vegetables are soft, about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sea salt, teriyaki aminos, and coconut aminos and mix well.
- Add cooked cauliflower rice to each bowl while still warm. Top each bowl with the teriyaki turkey mixture over the cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.