As a busy mom, I am always on the lookout for quick and healthy snack recipes. These double chocolate protein bites fit the bill perfectly! I am a chocolate lover at heart and these are super rich and satisfying. They are filled with protein and healthy fats and will keep you full for a while. Pretty much the best kind of snack if you ask me!
This post contains affiliate links. Click HERE to learn more.
You can whip them together in hardly any time and they make the perfect grab and go snack. These are great for when you have to run out the door and don’t have time to eat because they will keep you satisfied for a while!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
For the protein in these, I used vital proteins collagen peptides and if you have not tried these yet I recommend you give them a try!
They come in a powder that is completely tasteless and dissolves easily into anything. I always add them to my baked goods for an extra protein boost as well into my morning coffee.
There are so many benefits to adding grass-fed collagen protein to your diet. It’s amazing for hair, skin, and nails and also supports your gut health among other things.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ghee can also use coconut oil
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 T honey
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Melt together the ghee and peanut butter in a small sauce pan on the stove top (you can also do this step in the microwave).
- Other then the chocolate chips, mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Once mixture has cooled, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Form into small balls and store in the fridge.
Don’t forget to pin for later!