Vanilla Peppermint Protein Balls
Last Updated on May 5, 2023 by Rachel
These Vanilla Peppermint Protein Balls are the perfect little protein-packed treat. Only 6 ingredients, a food processor, and your bare hands are required. And they came right on time for the festive season.
Are you looking for a healthy treat to enjoy this Christmas season? These Vanilla Peppermint Protein Balls truly feel like you’re eating dessert, except they are made with super simple healthy ingredients. They are so easy to make as well – whip them up in your food processor, roll them and toss them in a storage container and you are good to go. You can keep these Christmas Protein Balls in the freezer and they will stay fresh for longer.
These little peppermint protein bites are a perfect combination of healthy fats, peppermint, and delicious vanilla flavor. They are gluten, dairy, and refined sugar-free. Enjoy them as a quick pre or post-workout snack or have a couple with your morning cup of coffee.
These peppermint protein balls are 104 calories per serving and the macros are 15 carbs, 3, fat, and 3 protein.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
Vanilla Peppermint Protein Balls Ingredients
You will need:
- Coconut flour
- Vanilla protein powder (we used Orgain protein powder but you can use your preferred brand)
- Smooth almond butter (or you can use your favorite natural nut butter)
- Peppermint extract (or peppermint essential oil)
- Peppermint candies
Keto/Low-carb – instead of honey you can use sugar-free syrup or Swerve to taste. Use sugar free peppermint candies or skip the candy and add a few more drops of the peppermint extract. Make sure you’re using a sugar-free low carb protein powder.
Vegan – swap the honey for maple syrup or agave syrup. Make sure your peppermint candies are vegan friendly.
- Vanilla protein powder – you can use your favorite brand of protein powder. We like Orgain Vanilla Protein Powder.
- Smooth almond butter – any nut butter will work great, think peanut butter, cashew butter, and so on. Opt for an all-natural nut butter without any added sugars or oils.
- Honey – the recipe calls for 5-6 tablespoons of honey and that depends on how much liquid is in your almond butter. If it is super runny then use less honey. You can also use maple syrup or agave syrup.
- If using unflavored protein powder then you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture.
- You can use either peppermint extract or peppermint essential oil, around 5 drops is enough to give them an amazing peppermint flavor.
- Crush some candy canes and roll your protein balls into it. This will give them extra pepperminty flavor and irresistible crunch.
How to make the best Vanilla Peppermint Protein Balls:
This is such an easy recipe; all you need is a food processor and your bare hands.
- Place the coconut flour, protein powder, almond butter, honey, peppermint extract, and peppermint candies in a food processor and blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. About 14 balls, one tablespoon of mixture each.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!
More Healthy Snacks You’ll Love:
Healthy Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
Healthy Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Vanilla Peppermint Protein Balls
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops Orgain vanilla protein powder or preferred
- 4 Tbsp smooth almond butter
- 5-6 Tbsp honey this will depend on how much liquid is in your almond butter. If it is super runny, then use less honey.
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 6 peppermint candies
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Roll the mixture into small balls.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. ENJOY!