This Keto Christmas Crack is going to be your new favorite holiday dessert. Sweet, crunchy, and flavorful with layers of crackers, caramel, and chocolate, it will become an addiction quite fast.
Being on a low carb diet doesn’t mean you have to give up this buttery delight. With a few easy swaps, you can still enjoy this Christmas candy without too many carbs. Add some chopped pecans or any other nut you fancy for extra crunch.
This Keto Christmas Crack makes the perfect dessert or portable snack. It can also be a great holiday gift for friends and family.
What is Christmas Crack?
Christmas Crack (aka Cracker Toffee or even Saltine Toffee) is a traditional Christmas candy that is typically made with saltine crackers, butter, and sugar for a nice sticky caramel and topped off with melted chocolate. It’s delicious and so easy to make. But the crackers and sugar are not exactly keto-friendly options. However, with a few easy swaps, you can still enjoy the delicious Christmas crack even on a low carb diet!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
Keto Christmas Crack Ingredients
You will need:
- Brown Swerve Sweetener
- Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Almond flour crackers (I used Simple Mill’s)
- Pecans or any other nut you like. (optional)
Equipment you will need to make the Keto Christmas Crack:
How to make the best Keto Christmas Crack:
This Christmas Crack is possibly one of the easiest Christmas candy recipe you can make.
- First, you need to place your butter and the Swerve’s brown sugar into a small saucepan.
- Keep stirring and melting the brown sugar into the butter, until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Line a 7×11″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place your almond cracker into the pan, evenly spaced apart.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture over the crackers gently and making sure that they remain evenly spaced.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 2 hours before breaking in into pieces. Enjoy!
How to make your own keto crackers:
If you can’t find any low carb crackers at the store or online you can make your own using almond flour, eggs, and a little bit of salt. Maya from Wholesome Yum has an amazing recipe for 2-ingredient keto crackers which are also paleo-friendly.
How long can you keep the keto Christmas crack?
Store the Christmas crack in a sealable container and it will keep fresh for at least a week. You can also refrigerate them and they will keep for almost a month.
MACROS PER SERVING
Protein: 0 Carbs: 3 Fat: 4
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Keto Christmas Crack
- ½ cup brown sugar Swerve packed
- ¼ cup butter salted
- ½ cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
- 28 Simple Mill's almond flour crackers
- ¼ cup pecans optional
- Place butter and brown sugar into a small pot.
- Melt, stir and heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Line a 7×11" pan with parchment paper.
- Place crackers evenly into the pan.
- Pour the brown sugar Swerve mixture over the crackers gently, making sure that they remain evenly spaced.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle Lily's chocolate chips over top.
- As the chocolate melts, spread it over the crackers.
- Top with chopped pecan nuts (optional).
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours before breaking into pieces.