This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These keto chocolate chip cookie dough fat bombs may just be your new favorite treat. Made with chocolate chips, cream cheese, swerve, vanilla extract and peanut butter these keto friendly fat bombs will knock your socks off!
Calling all keto cookie dough lovers! Do you dream of a decadent, creamy delicious treat that not only silences your sweet tooth but fits into your keto lifestyle? Well, I’ve got something that will satisfy your craving and make you rethink what ‘healthy’ treats can be.
Using a blend of indulgent cream cheese, rich grass-fed butter, all-natural peanut butter, and a hint of vanilla, these edible cookie dough fat bombs explode with flavor and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Add a dash of Swerve for that perfect sweetness, and scatter in some dark chocolate chips (or Lily’s if you’re feeling a little extra!) for that much-needed chocolatey kick.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs recipe:
Cream Cheese: Make sure you choose a full-fat cream cheese for this recipe.
Grass-fed Butter: I prefer grass-fed butter as it often has more omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K2 compared to regular butter. If you can’t find grassfed butter or prefer not to use it, regular unsalted butter will work just fine.
All Natural Peanut Butter: Make sure that your peanut butter has no added sugars to keep this recipe keto-friendly. The only ingredients should be peanuts and, possibly, a bit of salt.
Swerve: This is a brand of erythritol, a sugar alcohol that does not impact blood glucose or insulin levels, making it great for keto diets. If you can’t find Swerve, other brands of erythritol or even monk fruit sweetener can be used.
Dark Chocolate Chips: I recommend choosing a sugar-free variety to keep your carb count low. Lily’s is a great brand that offers keto-friendly chocolate chips, but you can use any brand you prefer.
How to make Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs: Step by Step
Here are quick visual instructions. Be sure to check out the full instructions with exact ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Mix together softened cream cheese, softened butter, peanut butter, sweetener, and vanilla extract using an electric mixer.
Step 2: Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.
Step 3: Portion out the fat bombs onto a cookie sheet – I love using a cookie dough scoop.
Step 4: Freeze the dough for about one hour and then remove from cookie sheet and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Softening Ingredients: Make sure your cream cheese and butter are adequately softened for easier mixing. If you forgot to take them out of the fridge, you can cut them into smaller pieces and leave them at room temperature for a quicker soften.
- Portion Control: Using a small ice cream scoop or melon baller can help you make uniformly sized fat bombs.
- Mixing: For a smoother dough, make sure to use an electric mixer. This will ensure your ingredients are thoroughly combined and evenly distributed.
- Storage: I recommend storing these cookie dough fat bombs in the freezer and then pulling them out to thaw at room temperature before enjoying. Alternatively, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Freezing: These fat bombs can be stored in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Additions and Substitutions
Peanut Butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter can be good alternatives.
Swerve: If you don’t have Swerve on hand or prefer another sweetener, you can use other keto-friendly options like erythritol, stevia, or monk fruit sweetener.
Flavor Extracts: Try different flavor extracts like almond or coconut for a unique twist on your fat bombs.
Spices: A little bit of cinnamon or nutmeg can add a delightful warmth to these treats.
Coconut Flakes: For a tropical touch, you can roll the fat bombs in unsweetened shredded coconut before chilling them.
Cookie Dough Fat Bombs FAQs
The number of Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs you can eat in a day depends on your individual dietary needs and goals. While they are a healthier treat and keto-friendly, they are still high in calories due to their high fat content.
A good rule of thumb for any treat, even a healthier one, is to enjoy in moderation. On a keto diet, it’s still important to maintain a caloric balance and not exceed your daily macros.
Typically, one or two fat bombs can be a satisfying snack or dessert while keeping you within your dietary targets. However, it’s best to consult a nutritionist or dietitian for personalized advice, especially if you’re on a specific diet for medical reasons or have unique dietary requirements.
Remember, these fat bombs are meant to be a supplement to a balanced keto diet, not a replacement for nutrient-rich foods.
“Fat bombs,” a term coined within the ketogenic diet community, refers to high-fat, low-carb, and moderate-protein snacks designed to help individuals meet their daily fat intake targets, which are crucial for maintaining a state of ketosis. In a ketogenic diet, fat comprises 60-75% of total caloric intake, making these fat-rich snacks instrumental in achieving this balance. Despite their name, fat bombs typically contain healthy fats and when consumed in moderation, they serve as a useful tool for those following a ketogenic diet.
Fat bombs can be beneficial as part of a ketogenic diet, helping maintain a state of ketosis by providing a high-fat, low-carb nutrient balance. They can keep you satiated, curb sugar cravings, and provide sustained energy.
However, they are calorie-dense, so overconsumption can lead to weight gain. Ideally, they should be made with healthy fats like those from avocados, nuts, and seeds. While a useful tool in a ketogenic diet, they don’t replace the nutritional variety obtained from whole foods. Always consult a healthcare provider before making significant dietary changes.
Fat Bomb Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Freeze the dough for about one hour and then remove from cookie sheet and store in ziplock bags in the freezer.
- Make sure your cream cheese and butter are adequately softened for easier mixing. If you forgot to take them out of the fridge, you can cut them into smaller pieces and leave them at room temperature for a quicker soften.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or melon baller can help you make uniformly sized fat bombs.
- For a smoother dough, make sure to use an electric mixer. This will ensure your ingredients are thoroughly combined and evenly distributed.
The nutritional details for recipes are estimated using MyFitnessPal and can vary with different products, measurement accuracy, and source reliability. We aim to provide accurate information but cannot guarantee the precise accuracy of the nutritional data