This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These keto chocolate donuts are sure to hit the spot. They are made with coconut flour and have a yummy chocolate glaze.
Chocolate and donuts…two of my favorite things!
One of the hardest things about following a keto or low carb diet is having to eliminate things like donuts.
Am I right?
These keto chocolate cake donuts will most definitely hit the spot when a donut craving hits.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
You will need a donut pan to make these.
I recommend this DONUT PAN from Wilton. It is nonstick and the donuts slide right out.
What are keto donuts made of?
These keto chocolate donuts are very easy to make. Here are all the ingredients that you will need.
- Coconut Flour – I like Bob’s Red Mill Brand.
- Granulated Swerve – My favorite sweetener. I order from Amazon.
- Cocoa Powder – natural and sweetened
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream
- Sea salt and baking powder
- Lilys Dark Chocolate Chips – for the glaze. I always order these from Amazon as well.
How to make keto donuts?
These are very easy to make. Simply mix together all dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients.
This batter will be THICK and you will need to spoon it into the pan.
You can fill the pan about 3/4 of the way to the top because they do not rise much.
They will not look very pretty when they come out of the oven but that is ok because they will be flipped over out of the pan.
Make sure the donuts are FULLY COOLED before adding the glaze. You can even pop them in the fridge for a bit.
If you like your donuts EXTRA chocolatey you can dip them in the glaze twice.
My favorite toppings to add to these donuts are unsweetened shredded coconut, swerve confectioners sugar, chopped nuts, and peanut butter glaze.
- 6 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Swerve
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Cup lilly’s chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl mix together the coconut flour, swerve, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients (melted butter, vanilla, eggs, heavy cream) to the bowl and mix well.
- Spray two donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon batter (it will be thick) into the donut pans.
- Cook for about 20 or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to donuts to fully cool.
- Once cooled, fully melt the chocolate chips and dunk the donuts into melted chocolate.
- Top with optional toppings.
The nutritional details for recipes are estimated using MyFitnessPal and can vary with different products, measurement accuracy, and source reliability. We aim to provide accurate information but cannot guarantee the precise accuracy of the nutritional data
I hope you love these keto chocolate donuts as much as I do.
Posts Related to Keto Chocolate Donuts
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER!