Macro Friendly Dinner Recipes

Last Updated on January 16, 2021 by Rachel

Macro friendly dinner recipes that are high in protein and low to moderate in fat and carbs. These macro recipes for weight loss are perfect for those counting macros or following a IIFYM lifestyle.

Counting macros or following a IIFYM lifestyle has become a very popular way of eating for those who are looking to lose weight or live a healthier lifestyle.

If you are new to macro counting be sure to check out this post on Macro Counting 101.

While macro counting allows for a lot of food flexibility it sometimes can be hard to to think of easy macro friendly meals – especially dinner recipes that the whole family will love.

What is a macro friendly meal?

Those following a macro friendly diet are counting the number of macronutrients they eat each day: protein, fat, and carbs. Since fat and carbs are more calorically dense – it is typically a lot harder to hit your protein goal for the day.

So to be considered “macro friendly” a meal is typically higher in protein and low to moderate in fat and carbs.

Related: Macro Food List

Can you eat anything if it fits in your macros?

For a lot of people the allure of following a macro based or IIFYM diet is that nothing is “off limits” as long as it fits in your macros for the day.

The problem with this way of thinking is that if the macros are similar for a candy bar vs. an apple with peanut butter – not only would you not be getting the same nutrition – the apple with peanut butter will fill you up a lot longer.

So yes – you can eat anything as long as it fits in your macros for the day. However, I personally recommend sticking to whole foods 80% of the time and leaving 20% for the fun foods.

All of the recipes I share below are whole foods based so you can save some room in your macros for dessert. Enjoy!

Macro Friendly Dinner Recipes

Macro Friendly Dinner Recipes

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *