This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Greek chicken wraps will be your new favorite lunch or easy dinner. They’re bursting with Greek flavors and made with simple ingredients – marinated chicken, fresh veggies, and creamy tzatziki wrapped up in a soft tortilla or pita.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these Greek wraps:
Chicken: I love cooking my own marinated chicken for this recipe. I use breast meat but skinless chicken thighs would work as well. You can also use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken to save time.
If you prefer homemade tzatazki – here is one I like!
Tortillas: I used medium size tortillas. A low carb tortilla, pita bread, whole wheat tortillas, or gluten free tortillas would also be great so feel free to use your favorite.
Veggies: This recipes calls for cucumber, red onion, and tomatoes but you can use whatever veggies you like. Kalamata olives would be a great addition as well.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Incorporate slices of avocado or a dollop of guacamole for a creamy texture and a boost of healthy fats.
For a lighter option, bulk up the wraps with more salad elements like olives, bell peppers, and a sprinkle of fresh dill.
Use a lettuce wrap instead of flour tortillas for a low-carb version.
How to make Greek Chicken Wraps: Step by Step
Step 1: Whisk together olive oil, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, ground cumin, kosher salt, and black pepper.
Step 2: Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over, ensuring each piece is well coated.
Step 3: Cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
Step 4: Lay out your tortilla and add slices of fresh cucumber, red onion, halved grape tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese.
Step 5: Drizzle 1 tbsp of tzatziki sauce over the fillings.
Step 6: Fold the sides over the fillings to create a wrap.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
If time allows, let your chicken marinate overnight. The longer it soaks, the more flavorful and tender it will be.
Before assembling your wraps, warm the tortillas slightly on a skillet or in the microwave oven, covered with a damp paper towel.This makes them more pliable and less likely to tear.
If you’re packing your wraps, wrap them tightly in parchment paper. This keeps all the ingredients snug and the wrap intact until you’re ready to enjoy.
Any leftover chicken or veggies can be tossed into a salad, mixed with quinoa, or used to top a homemade pizza for a quick meal the next day.
How To Meal Prep
Start by cooking your chicken ahead of time, then slice it up and store it in the fridge. Prep all your veggies—dice the cucumber, slice the onion, and halve the tomatoes —then keep them in separate containers.
When you’re ready to eat, all you need to do is grab a tortilla, pile on the chicken, veggies, sprinkle some feta, and drizzle with tzatziki. This is perfect for those busy days when you need a quick lunch or dinner without the fuss.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Greek Wrap is typically filled with grilled or marinated chicken, fresh vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions, crumbled feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce, all rolled up in a soft flour tortilla or pita bread. It’s a delicious combination of Mediterranean flavors, perfect for a quick and healthy meal.
Yes, eating chicken with wraps can be a healthy meal option. It combines lean protein from the chicken with the nutritional benefits of fresh veggies and whole grain wraps, making it a balanced and nutritious choice.
A good tip is to place drier ingredients like chicken or lettuce closest to the tortilla and add sauces or juicier veggies in the middle.
I would suggest a fresh Greek salad with garbanzo beans or some pita chips.
More Easy Meals
I hope you love these delicious wraps. Please consider leaving a star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below. Thank you so much!
Greek Chicken Wrap
For the Chicken and Marinade:
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cucumber diced
- ¼ Red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 4 tbsp store-bought tzatziki sauce
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, ground cumin, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over, ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. If using a grill, lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the excess.
- Cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).
- Once cooked, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing on a cutting board.
- Lay out a tortilla or pita bread and place sliced chicken in the center.
- Add slices of fresh cucumber, red onion, halved grape tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of tzatziki sauce over the fillings.
- Fold the sides over the fillings to create a wrap.
- Slice the wrap in half for easy serving and enjoy.
The nutritional details for recipes are estimated using MyFitnessPal and can vary with different products, measurement accuracy, and source reliability. We aim to provide accurate information but cannot guarantee the precise accuracy of the nutritional data