This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This penne with chicken and broccoli will quickly become your go-to dinner. In just 30 minutes, you can whip up a delicious meal that combines chicken, broccoli, and pasta, all in a balanced, protein-packed meal. It’s the perfect quick, tasty, and satisfying addition to your weekly dinner rotation.
If you are looking for a meal that the whole family will love….you’ve got to try this pasta recipe! It’s packed with tender chicken and draped in a sauce that’s pure comfort food.
t’s the kind of dish that makes everyone feel at home, turning a simple dinner into a complete meal. Easy to make, and even easier to love, this is one recipe you’ll want to keep on your go-to list.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this chicken and broccoli penne:
Pasta: I used Barilla protein penne pasta for extra protein and fiber. Whole wheat penne would also be great or you can use regular pasta of you prefer.
White Wine: Dry white wine like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc works best in this recipe.
Veggie Variety: Try spinach, bell peppers, or peas.
Spice It Up: Add a little bit of red chili flakes or cayenne for a kick.
Different Proteins: Experiment with shrimp or turkey.
Creamy Indulgence: Add a dash of heavy cream for a rich, velvety touch.
Alfredo Sauce: For a quick and easy twist, stir in your favorite jarred or homemade Alfredo sauce for a creamy, rich flavor.
How to make Penne With Chicken and Broccoli: Step by Step
Step 1: Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat and add the olive oil and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds.
Step 2: Salt and pepper your chicken breast and add to the pan. Cook until fully cooked through and browned on each side and remove the chicken from the pan.
Step 3: Add the white wine to the pan and allow the wine to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Then reduce the heat then add in the chicken stock and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Meanwhile, use a large pot to boil water for your pasta and cook according to the package directions. When the pasta is 2 minutes from being done, add in your broccoli florets.
Step 5: Drain the pasta and broccoli then add into the skillet with the white wine mixture.
Step 6: Cut the cooked chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and add into the skillet.
Step 7: Add in the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine all the ingredients together. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 8: Serve in a bowl and top with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Use freshly grated cheese for a smoother, creamier texture.
Consider buying small individual containers of wine if you’re not a regular wine drinker. This way, you can use just what you need without wasting a larger bottle.
Cook the pasta al dente as it will continue to cook a bit in the sauce, preventing it from getting too soft.
Add a squeeze of fresh lemon at the end for a zesty twist that brightens up the flavors. 🍋
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe for penne with broccoli and chicken contains 397 calories.
Absolutely! Chicken is a popular protein choice in pasta dishes, adding flavor and nutrition. Chicken and pasta separately are fantastic, but together, they’re unbeatable. This combo elevates any occasion, from quick meals to special date nights, proving that chicken and pasta can spruce up almost any dining situation.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
More Simple Dinners
I hope you love this chicken broccoli penne. Please consider leaving a star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below. Thank you so much!
Penne With Broccoli and Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large chicken breast 14 oz
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 14.5 oz protein pasta 1 box
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet and add the olive oil and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Salt and pepper your chicken breast and add to the pan. Cook until fully cooked through and browned on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add the white wine to the pan. Allow the wine to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat then add in the chicken stock and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a large pot to boil water for your pasta and cook according to the package instructions. When the pasta is 2 minutes from being done, add in your broccoli.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli then add into the skillet with the white wine mixture.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and add into the skillet.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine all the ingredients together. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve in a bowl and top with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
The nutritional details for recipes are estimated using MyFitnessPal and can vary with different products, measurement accuracy, and source reliability. We aim to provide accurate information but cannot guarantee the precise accuracy of the nutritional data