These Keto Meatloaf Muffins are to die for. Made with less than 10 ingredients, they are a healthy comfort food option. These keto meat loaves are made with pork panko to keep them low carb as well as sugar-free ketchup. This meatloaf minis recipe is a low-carb win.
This keto meatloaf recipes is so fun to make! Instead of cooking the meatloaf in a traditional pan, we are using a muffin tin which helps to speed up the cooking time.
It also means that the meatloaf muffins are perfectly portioned and perfect for the whole family to enjoy. Mom hack: Tell your kids that these are meatloaf cupcakes and they will gobble them up!
These low carb meatloaf muffins make a perfect keto meal prep recipe. You can double or even triple the batch to save some for later.
You can serve these meatloaf muffins in so many different ways. Have 2 or 3 for dinner with some salad or grab & go in the morning for a quick snack or lunch as they are portable, low in carbs, and high in protein.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
Keto Meatloaf Muffins Ingredients:
You will need:
- Ground beef
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pork panko (bread crumbs substitute)
- Dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Unsweetened ketchup (Primal Kitchen Ketchup is a good sugar-free brand)
Whole30/ Paleo – Omit the cheese in this recipe and it’s Whole30 and paleo compliant.
Macro Friendly – Swap out the pork panko for regular panko and you could even use a mixture of beef/ground turkey to lower the fat content.
- Ground beef – or any other ground meat that you prefer.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – use any cheese you like.
Serve these low carb meatloaf muffins with brussel sprouts and bacon for a well rounded keto and low carb meal.
What is Pork Panko?
Pork panko is basically pork rinds ground up finely to the consistency of breadcrumbs. You might be able to crush your own pork rinds but it tends to not as good of a meatloaf binder as the pork panko.
Breadcrumbs are key to a really good meatloaf recipe so don’t leave out this ingredient. I suggest ordering your pork panko from Amazon because you will most likely not find it in the store. Pork panko is gluten-free, whole30, and paleo compliant.
MACROS PER SERVING
Protein: 22 Carbs:2 Fat: 16
How to make Keto Meatloaf Muffins:
This is a really simple recipe which requires only one bowl and one muffin pan. That’s it!
- First things first, preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl combine your ground beef together with the chopped onion, the minced garlic, egg, pork panko, shredded cheddar cheese, dried oregano, salt & pepper, and with your hands knead together until well combined. A spoon or whisk won’t do the trick.
- Shape 1/4 cup of mixture into a puck shape and place it into the muffin pan. Should make about 11 mini meatloaves.
- Then top each mini meatloaf with half a tablespoon of unsweetened ketchup (I used Primal Kitchen Ketchup) and bake for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Enjoy!
How to store and reheat the Meatloaf Muffins:
Let your muffins cool down before storing them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. You can thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the microwave or oven.
Adapted from: Megan Seelinger
More Keto Recipes That You Will Enjoy:
Keto Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup pork panko
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5 ½ tbsp unsweetened ketchup used Primal Kitchen Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic, egg, pork panko, cheddar cheese, oregano, salt & pepper and knead together until well combined.
- Shape ¼ cup of the mixture into a puck shape and place it into the muffin pan. Should make about 11 mini meatloaves.
- Top each mini meatloaf with ½ tablespoon of ketchup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Enjoy!